Muslim Action Forum has devised a legal strategy to prevent the continuous insulting and derogatory publications depicting and abusing the personality of our Holy Prophet Muhammad peace be upon Him. This strategy and campaign will have taken its first historical step by presenting a petition supported by over 100 000 signatures of Muslims promoting the concept of Global Civility and condemning the continuous publication of these insulting cartoons in France and other parts of the world.
Muslim Action Forumintends to launch a series of legal challenges in the English Court system to establish that such depictions of our Holy Prophet peace be upon Him is the worst kind of ‘Hate Crime’ that can be perpetrated on the 3 million Muslims in the UK and 1.7 billion Muslims worldwide. We shall support this strategy through amendment of some existing legislation and the presentation of a Private Members Bill that promotes the idea of Global Civility. In order to accomplish this:
How YOU can help the campaign for Global Civility
- Step 1. Find out who your local MP is and find their contact details (you can use this link to help you find who your current MP is http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/)
- Step 2. Write to your MP with the 3 questions below
- Step 3. Let US at Muslim Action Forum know their response- email us at email@example.com
- 1. Do you think that the Public Order Act 1986 should be amended to include under ‘hate crime’ any malicious depiction of images and use of malevolent language against revered personalities of all religions?
- 2. Do you think that Islamophobia should be a culpable offence?
- 3. Would you support a Bill of Rights that promotes the idea of Global Civility, including the ideas that:
- a. Desecration of human dignity through insult, denigration and humiliation is ethically and morally wrong
- b. Passionate emotions must be harnessed and channelled through good manners and etiquettes to civilise any debate in our diverse society
- c. Reckless and malicious expressions leading to demonization and vilification must be restrained
Write to us:
When you have obtained this response in writing from them, we would like you to communicate with Muslim Action Forum as to what is their official position. Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then invite you to inform your local community as to their position. Saying no to any one of the three questions above will clarify to the local Muslim community where their political representatives stand on the single most important issue to every Muslim in this country and worldwide. Let us make our political representatives (whichever political colour) truly understand the extent of Muslim sentiment on this subject.
Your political representatives need your vote, let them truly earn your vote. Muslim Action Forum invites you to make your vote count on the subject of the honour of the Holy Prophet Muhammad peace be upon Him.